Color Me Mine offers painting on ceramics for all ages in a fun family atmosphere. Customers choose from hundreds of ceramic shapes and dozens of colors to paint with! Our talented staff will help customers create their very own ceramic masterpiece. Color Me Mine creates an experience for the customer...one that let's the customer be creative without having to worry about finalizing their piece (firing) or cleaning up the mess!
ROCKLIN STORE TO OPEN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
Our studio guests expect knowledgeable and engaging staff, a great experience, and friendly service - can you deliver? Availability during weekdays is appreciated.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Color Me Mine has a small staff so each team member must multitask. This means greeting people when they enter, helping them find items, assisting with painting activities, performing standard register duties, explaining about parties, group visits, and calendar activities, and entertaining our guests.
2. Assisting with painting activities includes keeping the customers table supplied with ample paint and water as well as advising them on their basic techniques, critical for their customers success. Customers should not have to leave their seats to ask for help (unless they are browsing additional tools or products). When the customer is done, it is important that we provide extra care to the piece they leave behind as well as immediately turnover the table for the next customers.
3. The ability to work comfortably and effectively with groups of any age is key. Studio associates lead and direct all activities. Experience working with children is a plus.
4. Effective running of the studio requires organization, problem-solving, teamwork, and proactive behaviors. Each studio associate is required to perform daily tasks including preparing pottery, managing the studio calendar and group events, and keeping the studio neat & clean.
5. Pottery must be displayed attractively and the shelves kept neat. Studio associates are encouraged to use their own creativity in studio displays and to keep shelves organized and well-stocked.
6. New items are shipped in weekly. Studio staff opens boxes, places the items on shelves in the right category and cleans up the shipping materials.
Other tasks which may be performed by the staff include:
1. Hosting off-site events
2. Planning & organizing special events
3. Inventory Management
Creativity is encouraged and recognized in all aspects of the business. A friendly demeanor and pleasant disposition is required. On the job training is provided. After training, the wage is commensurate with skills and experience.
Qualifications and Skills
Previous retail and/or restaurant experience a plus.
Benefits and Perks